Crypkit Demo Fund
Quick peek into Crypkit Fund module + 9 tokens to watch
In this post we aim to spotlight our fully working fund module – a unique solution that allows asset managers to fully track their robust crypto portfolio and manage their fund operations from one place. That is why we created a showcase Demo Fund, filled with simulated data.
Our Demo Fund properties:
- The fee structure: 2% management fees, 20% performance fees (with high water mark), with monthly periods – fees can be set in General Settings of the Fund module.
- Inception date of the fund is 14th May, 2020 and starting capital is 383 000 EUR
- Shares are divided between three initial investors with various deposit:
We won’t describe all the features and perks of the Crypkit fund module here (that will be covered in incoming videos). In the upcoming weeks we are going to create step-by-step guides on how to navigate around the Crypkit platform, but in the meantime – we would like to show you how Crypkit tracks assets and which we (as investors) consider interesting to watch.
Please note that the whole Demo Fund is just a simulation, there is no real money involved (just 400k USD of purely simulation monopoly dollars) and it doesn’t constitute endorsement nor financial advice of any sort.
- BTC: A dominant cryptocurrency and store of value, increasingly well regarded among institutional investors as a crypto beta play. Paul Tudor Jones can’t be wrong. Crypkit can read BTC addresses and xpubs natively.
- ETH: Token of the leading smart contract and DeFi platform Ethereum is the number one choice for dapp developers. ETH acts as the dominant reserve asset for DeFi. Crypkit can read Ethereum addresses natively, including token balances. We are building support for various Ethereum based smart contracts and DeFi apps.
- LINK: Oracle problem (for smart contracts to interact with the “outside world”) is one of the hardest and most important problems to be solved. Chainlink with its native LINK token is the undisputed market leader that has the biggest chance of solving this problem. LINK token will serve as a data transfer vehicle and staking asset of Chainlink.
- BNB: Binance is a leading cryptocurrency exchange. Its native token BNB has multiple use cases that allow it to capture value inside the exchange as well as in the developing ecosystem of Binance DEX and smart contract platform. Crypkit supports Binance exchange and will support native Binance chain addresses and trading data.
- XTZ: Tezos is an alternative smart contract platform with a couple of unique tradeoffs. Mainly, its progress relies on active formal governance by stakers. It also employs formally verifiable functional programming language Michelson, allowing institutional grade use cases that rely on high security of the execution. XTZ is native token of Tezos blockchain. It can be staked and it grants access to governance. Crypkit will support Tezos addresses natively, together with staking monitoring.
- LUNA: Terra is a less known Korean project, built as a standalone chain on Tendermint (Cosmos family of chains). It serves as an algorithmic stablecoin platform and has a surprisingly large traction (>1M users and >100M USD processed in payments) in e-commerce. Stakers of LUNA are already earning a substantial cash flow from the transaction fees of the stablecoin.
- ATOM: Cosmos is the leading Tendermint based blockchain and its native token ATOM is used for staking and capturing value from transaction fees. It also has a chance to become one of the main reserve assets in the Tendermint ecosystem. Crypkit will support reading of Cosmos/Tendermint based addresses as well as staking monitoring.
- KNC: Kyber Network is one of the biggest decentralized exchanges and liquidity pools. Its token KNC has recently gone through an overhaul, after which KNC has gained solid value capturing properties which let the token holders participate in cash flow and governance of Kyber. Crypkit will support trading data from Kyber DEX.
- LEND: Aave is a fast-growing DeFi lending protocol that allows anyone in earn yield or borrow crypto assets (including flash loans). Its native token LEND is currently going through an overhaul that should lend it (pun intended) great value capturing properties, allowing LEND holders to participate in the success of Aave. Crypkit will support Aave lending in its future DeFi dashboard.
Apart from these assets, our simulation fund also holds fiat currencies (USD, EUR and GBP) and may hold (and lend) various stablecoins in the future. Currently all assets are recorded via a “Manual entry” since simulating connected exchange APIs and blockchain addresses would took too long.
In the “CRM” section, you can see that our fund currently has 3 “test clients” – simulating individual investors who participate in the fund’s performance. Their shares and fees are automatically calculated in the background. This is why Crypkit Fund Module is so powerful – it lets crypto asset managers not only to stay on top of their portfolio management and trade history, but also to solve clients shares, fees, deposits and withdrawals all from one application
Our Demo Fund will be updated in the future – we may add more investors and assets, we will showcase a rebalancing tool and other features, such as DeFi and staking dashboards. It will be possible to peek inside via learning videos we will make, outlining all basic and advanced Crypkit features.
In a couple of weeks, Crypkit – both the website and the app – will go through a major overhaul. We will be exiting the stealth mode and releasing a public beta which is coming equipped with new features and modules. One of the most awaited features is the full fledged accounting module which will allow all crypto companies to close their accounting books within one system.
If you want to be notified when the new beta is released, please drop your email here: https://bit.ly/2X5u5lf
In case you have any further questions, please get in touch with us!